Friday, February 12, 2010

Ravelympics 2010

For those who don't know what the Ravelympics are. Allow me to school you in a knitting/crocheting version of the Olympics.www.ravelry.com is a beta community for fiber artists(aka knitters and crocheters)if you are interested in joining keep in mind there is a waiting list but the good part is its not a long wait.Lot of groups are on Ravelry and sometimes they compete in many categories from Mittens,Socks and WIPS(works in progress).
This year I was too late to start my own team and sad to only find out that the only Texas team is a spinning team. Sucks to be me for now but next time I will be ready.

So the event I picked is Mitten Moguls and the pattern I am doing is knockout handwarmers. I haven't made them before so I would like to give it a try.

We don't cast on until the ceremony begins which is 6:30pm in my neck of the woods.Our deadline or finishing line isn't until the 28th of this month.
So with that I leave you root for me!
I can hear the "eye of the tiger song" playing in the background.

No comments: