Monday, October 12, 2009

A knitting challenge!

Last year I took on a challenge to make twenty beanies by the end of the year. I did infact conquer it but haven't gotten around to giving away the beanies so for now until I have the free time they are in a box in my studio waiting for that day.At the moment I'm only focusing on one small challenge and its only one beanie(Thank god). My friend Art had asked me if I could knit or crochet anything? I told him if there is a pattern for it I'm sure it can be done.
You see Mr.Rios is into video games and he plays a character with a very cool looking beanie. Its been a million years since I picked up a controller. I use to have a super nintendo that came with super mario brothers. I also loved playing sonic the hedge hog on saga as well but I lost interest when I got out of junior high. I soon discover that alot of knitters are into video games as well.

So Art sends me a few pictures and it took me a few seconds to look over them and study the beanie. So here it is what its suppose to look like.

But I did hit a road block with the choice of yarn. In the beginning I had picked out sock yarn that was not working well with a beanie.
So I dug around my stash and low and behold I found some leftovers.
The red yarn is thick and perfect I only used a small amount so there was enough.
The yellow was also scarps from the lucha mask I had knitted from the son of a stitch in bitch book.
Photobucket
So we are running on good progress and I give myself until the end of the month to be done with this.

No comments: